Feb 10, 2011

6wks 3 days - No sac yet

I am pretty sure i am 6 weeks 3 days according to my last LMP; i keep a TTC calendar every month!

But today's transvaginal scan saw nothing, did not pick up any sac but a strange white 'blob' of unknown. My heart sank with the finding.

The nice doc continued to soothe me quoting that i 'may be' still too early. And that the white blob could be a sac formation in progress. She did warned, however, that if the sac still don't show by next scan (next Monday), then doc will be searching for an ectopic.

My hCG on Feb 9 was 2466, which i do not see its optimistic because the maximum agregate of a healthy fetal development ranged up to 7,000 at week 6. Mine is below the middle.

I have read some forum, many TTC moms who had the same situation like mine were somehow half ended in ectopic and needed a laparoscopy for diagnosis and then ended in D&C, while the other half ended in surprise 'late grower', and ended with miracle livebirths.

Not helping, not helping, not helping!!!!!!!!!! No pregnant, hurt; got pregnant now, hurt triple. Why is it so much just to have one baby??????? Next scan is 3 days later, next bloodwork is tomorrow but result can only be known on Monday as we are approaching a weekend. And my breast tenderness seems to have reduced to- if put on a scale 1-10 with 10 being the most intense - 2. That is the tenderness can only be felt - mildly - if pinched. I even suspect the remaining tenderness is solely the work of the progesterone jab+Progynova meds+ vaginal inserts. My nipples, though still gorge-looking, have already lost its sensitivity. And worst of all, spotting of brown-to dark brown has resumed yesterday and it has not stopped. No symptoms of feeling pregnant; no sickness. Bed rests the past days did not seem to help.

Gosh! I had 10x more intensity with my boobs, bloating and frequent urination during my days in Mynamar than now.

Another blow came when a girlfriend - who lives 2 rows behind my house dropped the bomb that she is now 7 weeks and just came home with a 34cm fetal scan with heartbeat!!!!!MySpace

Listen to that!!! I want to feel happy for her but i felt more rage than to be afford generosity at this moment with me struggling an unknown direction to my second 'naturally conceived' pregnancy. I am damn worry this going to be another failure - the stats aren't optimistic - but i dang hope at least a sac be shown in my uterus even if it were a blighted ovum or a non-viable sac. Important thing is NOT BE AN ECTOPIC.

How cruel can life be?

Angiesmon, your post is the only light i am hanging on to.

Agiesmom says:
Aug 16, 2007 11:38PM
At 6 weeks, 2 days I had a transvaginal ultrasound and they saw nothing--no yolk sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat. At 8 weeks, I had another transvaginal ultrasound and they still saw nothing--just a black oval. My doctor told me that it's over (blighted ovum) and suggested a D&C or Cytotec to help "move things along". I refused both, saying I wanted to wait and let my body do what it needs to do on its own. I never started cramping or bleeding and my doctor was concerned, saying that infection can set in when a miscarriage doesn't complete in a timely manner. So at 9 weeks, 5 days I had another ultrasound and there she was! Heartbeat and all! She is perfect and beautiful and will be 6 months old on August 21st.

I know this isn't typical and I don't want to give anyone false hope, but I am so glad that I waited.



No comments: