Jun 21, 2008

Oh! abdomen cramping

Oh! my abdomen is having a mild cramp now. I just finished a post 30 seconds ago and i have to document this cramp. If i really got pregnant this month, i want to let baby Dino knows exactly when the egg-house, follicle, is about to make a hole for the ovum to come and embark on a journey to find the other half that could complete 'U'. I sure hope i am now going through a phase of LH (Luteinizing Hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland) surge to make all that because the cramping has been going for almost 30 minutes by now. Nope, it not nature's call, done that in the afternoon.

Bloating - yes yes yes, very much bloated. My stomach has been looking like a 3-month-old pregnancy for the past 2 weeks. Hate this bloating. So uncomfortable. 

Water retention - just started to notice this evening. Eyes puffy. I only had 5 glasses of water today plus 2 teh-o limau panas kurang manis just now with Dr Rajah at Kota Damansara.

Here i am hoping fervently for my judgement to increase my thyroxine dosage to 75mg can help to level back my TSH level to normal. I had a 5.0ulU/ml tested on 11 June 08. Hypothyroidism affects fertility and that's what i am fight against.

Dr Prashant has certified Dino dad as 'normal'. So, there's no issue with that. Me, aside from hypothyroidsm, i have excellent levels, taken on Day 3 Jan 2008, on Prolactin at 14.5 ug/L, FSH 5.9 IU/L and LH 5.9 IU/L. By normal standard, i should be able to ovulate if its without the influence from hypothyroidsm. Heck, previously was hyperthyroid and now hypothyroid. I dare not even go test for autoimmune. 

Consulted about IVF too. 'That' doctor was not helping, despite having gone through all my lab reports. Showering me with cold water throughout the 1 hours consultation. Repeatedly reminding me that i would have less than 10% chance to conceive naturally. The next best step is Laparoscopy to take a good look inside my reproduction chamber and its surroundings. Of course its a good solution, it costs between 4,000 - 6,000 MYR!!! Let me do the math, if i have a clean bill from laparoscopy, 4-6k is used. The next stage is IUI which range from 2,000-3,000MYR. If that's not successful, IVF is my last solution that could run from 20,000 to 32,000 (twice IVF). If i ever conceive after all, baby Dino would value at 40,000-45,000MYR when i take him or her home with us.

There were many many many times that i would love to scream my lungs out and repeating the reasoning exercise to a wall. My friends do not have thyroid problems. Though its not a grave disease when treated early and it has long been classified as a very 'common' thing in today's health issue, AND I HAVE TO GET IT. One of my client has just given birth to her first child at age 38. She conceived after 4 months trying. My other friend even tried to abort a 2 months pregnancy but carried to full term and brought home a healthy bouncing baby boy. Another friend has had a stillborn boy but was successful with the second son. And women in the third world countries around the world are giving birth everyday like nobody's business. Babies were carried to full term in malnourished moms and born in deploring condition and yet survived to adulthood. Siiggghhhh......i am beginning to feel tired or trying. 

No comments: